Not something I would think about out of the blue, but a good read regarding one of the colder, harsher truths about blogging.
Last week I took Gretchen Rubin’s Quiz: Do You Make Other People Happy? | LinkedIn. For those of you who don’t want to go to her site, here is the quiz:
- Do people seem to feel comfortable confiding in you?
- Do people seem to drift toward you? Join a conversation that you’re having, sit down next to you at a meeting?
- Do people whom you hardly remember go out of their way to greet you warmly? Say, the friend of your old roommate, or a former co-worker?
- Do people seem to want to connect with you — by making plans or by emailing, calling, or texting?
- Do people seem energized by you? Do they smile and laugh in your presence?
Mixed in with the above questions she has the following:
- Do people follow your recommendations?
- Are you a source of material comfort or security for someone else?
View original post 440 more words